Water Quality Data Analysis and Reporting Software
Aquachem is a groundwater software package specifically designed for anyone working with water data. This software is ideally suited for water projects requiring management, analysis and reporting of groundwater quality data.
AquaChem's analysis tools cover a wide range of functions and calculations used for analyzing, interpreting and comparing water quality data. These tools include simple unit transformations, charge balances, statistics and sample mixing to more complex functions such as correlation matrices and geothermometer calculations
These powerful analytical capabilities are complemented by an extensive selection of commonly used geochemical plots and graphs to represent the chemical characteristics water quality data.
Why choose AquaChem?
- Simple and easy analysis of water quality data
- Effortless and flexible data importing and exporting
- Over 25 essential geochemical plots and graphing techniques including piper, schoeller, scatter, box and whisker, stiff
- Intelligent handling of non-detect results
- Automatic geochemical calculations of water type, sum of anions, sum of cations, ion balance, TDS, hardness and more
- Extensive suite of statistical calculations for water quality analysis including trend analyses, alert levels, outlier tests, test for normality and more.
- Integrated geochemical modeling with PHREEQC (available from the USGS)
- Water quality exceedence reports for multiple water quality standards
- Automatic ready-made reports
- Analyze and report aqueous geochemistry of municipal groundwater supply wells
- Report analytical lab results of samples from contaminated sites
- Manage water quality data from sanitary landfills
- Identify mineralization trends for mining exploration
- Analyze, interpret and plot water quality data
- Identify and report water quality guideline exceedences
- Demonstrate regulatory compliance with chemical exceedence and trend analyses reports
Effortless Data Management & QA/QC
- Easily import data from various file types (.txt, .csv, .xls, .xlsx, .mdb, and .accdb) and file formats (samples as rows, samples as columns, one analyzed value for each row, PHREEQC output)
- Export stations, analysis data and geochemical plots to various file formats including Windows Metafile (.wmf), ESRI Shapefile (.shp), concentration observation well data for MODFLOW simuilations, Google Earth (.KML).
- Create simple to complex data queries and easily extract vital information about your water quality data
- Gain insight into the reliability of your water sample analysis with various automatic QA/QC checks including Duplicate, Outlier and Holding Time Analysis, Control Intervals, Method Detection Limit, Reliability Checks and Total/Dissolved Comparison.
- Correlation plots: Scatter, Ludwig-Langelier, Wilcox, Depth Profile
- Summary plots: Box and Whisker, Frequency Histogram, Quantile, Detection Summary, Meteoric Water Line, Stacked Bars
- Multiple parameter plots: Piper, Durov, Ternary, Schoeller
- Time-series plots
- Geothermometer and Giggenbach plot
- Probability plots
- Single sample plots: Radial, Stiff, and Pie
- Thematic Map plots: Bubble, Pie, Radial and Stiff plots at sample locations
- Water type
- Sum of Anions
- Sum of Cations
- Sodium Adsoprtion Ratio
- Magnesium Hazard
- Oxygen Saturation
- Ion Balance
- Common Ion Ratios
- Scaling Indexes, such as Langlelier Index, Ryznar Stability Index, Puckorius Scaling Index and Larson Index
Interactive GeoChemical Plots
AquaChem is capable of generating the following geochemical plots:
AquaChem allows you to create multiple plots for the same dataset and view these plots simultaneously side-by-side. All plots are interactive which means when you click on a data point, its corresponding sample is highlighted in the sample list. This is useful for identifying outliers.
Water Quality Data Analysis
AquaChem comes with a comprehensive calculators and converters that allow you to perform quick, on-the-fly analyses on your water quality data. AquaChem is capable of the following calculations and conversions:
Water Quality Statistics
AquaChem includes a comprehensive list of statistical features, optimized to work with your water quality data. Statistical features included are:
Trend analysis estimates a potential positive or negative trend that may be present in your water data. The following trend tests are supported: Mann Kendall, Seasonal Mann Kendall, Sens's Test, Linear Regression, Spearman's Rank Correlation
Outlier tests identify outliers in your data - measurements that are extremely large or small relative to the rest of the data. The following outlier tests are supported: Extreme value test, Discordance test, Rosner test, Walsh Test
Calculate upper tolerance levels for constituents to use as early warning indicators of potential violations of water quality standards. Methods available for calculating alert levels are probability, standard deviation x factor and tolerance interval
An automatic report that calculates basic statistics for a group of water samples. Statistics include minimum, maximum, range, interquartile range, arithmetic mean, standard deviation, non parametric quantile, confidence interval, skewness, kurtoisis and more.
Statistical analyses can be run for multiple samples and parameters simultaneously, and results can be easily plotted and exported to common file types (.xls, .csv and .mdb)
In just a few clicks, AquaChem delivers ready-made reports that contain key information about your water quality data. Report layouts can be fully customized using the Report Designer to accommodate specific project needs. The following automatic reports are supported:
Generates a summary for the AquaChem database and all stations and samples currently displayed in the sample list
Compares a sample in your database to one or more samples
Generates solution concentrations resulting from the step-wise mixing of specified proportions of two selected samples
Water Quality Standards
Provides a summary of parameters exceeding the established Water Quality Standards for the selected samples.
Hardness Dependent Standards
Provides a summary of parameters exceeding water quality criteria for metals
Rock Source Deduction
Provides a summary of the kind of minerals the water sample has been in contact with during its subsurface journey
Sample Summary Report
Provides a general overview of a single sample including major ions, hydrochemical facies, calculated hardness, ion balance, ion ratios, etc.
Lists the geochemical thermometers and their estimated temperatures
Lists the concentrations of isotopes 18O and 2H as well as infiltration temperature and height for 18O
Advanced GeoChemical Modeling
AquaChem links seamlessly with the popular geochemical modeling program, PHREEQC, for calculating equilibrium concentrations (or activities) of chemical species in solution and saturation indices of solid phases in equilibrium with a solution. For more advanced simulations, you can link to the USGS programs PHREEQCI or PHREEQC for Windows, and you your AquaChem samples as input solutions for these modeling utilities.
Windows 8.1 Pro or Enterprise
32-bit or 64-bit
Network Card (required for soft key licensing)
Microsoft Access 2003, 2007 or 2010 installed.
|Commercial Standalone License||$1595.00 USD|
|Commercial Team License||$2390.50 USD|
|Government License||$1355.75 USD|
|Classroom License||$1595.00 USD|
AquaChem Support Resources
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|AquaChem User's Manual (PDF)|
|AquaChem User's Manual (Online)|
|AquaChem Installation and Licensing Guide|
|AquaChem Demonstration Tutorial|
|AquaChem Related Blog Articles|
|AquaChem LinkedIn Users Group|
Have a technical question that you can't find the answer to? Contact our technical support team.